Friday, June 6, 2008

How to Treat Dog Ear Infections At Home

If you have ever had a dog with chronic ear infections you know getting rid of your dogs ear infection is not a easy task. It starts with you noticing your dog scratching his or her ear and constantly shaking their head. Their ear feels warm to the tough on more serious cases and it becomes quite painful for your best friend. Treating this dog ear infection at home can be accomplished with disciplined treatment and consistent effort. Did I say effort? Yes it will take some. Some dogs are prone top ear infections because of their floppy ears. Cocker Spaniels Retrievers and any other breed with these kinds of ears will be more susceptible to ear infections. Keeping your dog’s ears clean and ry is of paramount importance trying to keep your pal healthy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had 3 goldens who have all had ear problems. I don't doubt that sometimes it is worsened by food or environmental allergies. You could spend years trying to figure out what the allergy possibly could be. One of my dogs is allergic to dust, grass, flax seed and sage. Try to find a quality dog food without sage or flax seed. I have only found 2. SO... there is no way I can keep him from outside so I just deal with it with cleaning the ears and watching for infections. I feed my dogs a very good dry food sometimes but mostly I feed then homemade food and raw chicken. I do have a trick for those dogs that really fight putting a bottle of ear solution in their ear. I have one that would die first and he is to big to hold down. We have tried. He does love when I put my finger in his ear, so I take a medical rubber glove and put very small holes in the tips of the fingers. I put the rubber glove on my hand, then I bend my fingers up so the solution won't run out when I put the solution in the glove. When you get to the dogs ear just straighten the finger in the dogs ear and let the solution run in. You might waste a little more solution but it works really well. He falls for it every time. Good luck with those floppy ears.